Our people are the strength of GTRI. We are happy to equip our team members with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to rival the level of innovation happening within each of our laboratories. The list below highlights portions of our comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our faculty and staff. Our benefits are competitive and an important component of your total rewards.
- Optional group medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance.
- $25,000 of basic life insurance coverage provided at no charge; one, two or three times the annual salary in additional life insurance available with cost varying according to age.
- Retirement plan programs include Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) and Teachers Retirement System (TRS) with generous matching.
- Educational assistance programs provide tuition and mandatory fee waiver or reimbursement.
- Career development including coaching and mentoring programs.
- Membership in State Employees Credit Union
- Optional dependent care flexible spending account
- Optional tax deferred annuities
- 529 Georgia Higher Education Savings Plan
- On-Campus Childcare (Ga Tech Campus Only)
- Our Perks and Programs benefit offers employees discounts and other incentives in the areas of technology, travel, health & wellness, entertainment & shopping, legal & financial services, and education & family.
- Benefits Education & Wellness Series
- Use of Georgia Tech recreational facilities
- Up to 21 paid vacation days annually
- 12 paid holidays a year
- Military & Court Duty leave with pay
- Accrual of 12 days sick leave annually
- Education support leave (8 hours per calendar year)
This information is intended as a summary only. Specific eligibility and enrollment requirements are provided here. Plan documents governing these benefits are available upon employment.